Pune is one of the biggest education hubs in India with a lot of the private and government colleges offering diverse courses. The reason being the favourable social-political and legal environment as well as numerous job opportunities for the students. One of the leading courses to pursue from Pune is Masters in Architecture.
This postgraduate degree will allow you to take up specialization in your chosen area of architecture and have thorough learning of architecture subject. In order to carry forward your career as an architect, you will be required to register yourself with the Council of Architecture.
Read below our list of the best 7 M. Arch. colleges under Pune University:
1. Dr. DY Patil College of Architecture: This is one of the best M. Arch College in Pune. The college has a history of 20 years, and was established in 2000. The college provides post-graduation course in Construction Management with a total seat of 20. The college has very vast campus with great infrastructure which includes computer labs, library, auditorium, amphitheater, sports and other facilities.
The course is designed as per the industry requirements and is upgraded on regular basis.
2. Bhanuben Nanavati College of Architecture for Women: This college is one of the oldest colleges and was established in 1994 specifically for women who want to pursue architecture. The college has various courses for Masters in Architecture with an intake capacity of 20 students in each course. The courses include Landscape Architecture, Environment Architecture and Digital Architecture. It is one of the renowned M. Arch. Colleges in Pune for Women. The college provides great infrastructure for the students including computer labs, digital labs, construction labs etc. Also, the college has number of journals and researches to its name offering students and opportunity to learn and make their name.
3. Sinhgad College of Architecture: Sinhgad College is another college that offers M.Arch. courses in Pune. The college believes in overall development of students. It has two courses for Masters in Architecture with 10 seats each for Architectural conversation and Computer Application. The college believes in interactive approach of teaching which involves workshops, guest lectures, cultural events, etc. Sinhgad College publishes number of magazines on architecture and newer innovations in the field.
4. MCE Society’s Allana College of Architecture: This M.Arch.College in Pune has a history of close to 20 years. The college helps the individuals to bring their creativity to existence. The college boosts of its great campus and infrastructure facilities which include spacious studios, workshops, seminar rooms, library with a vast collection of different books. The M. Arch. in Construction Architecture has anintake capacity for 20 students.
5. Aayojan School of Architecture and Design: It is a comparatively newer architecture colleges in Pune established in 2012. The college M. Arch course in Design Architecture with an intake capacity of 20 students. The college board emphasize on the creative aspects of the course and to help bringing that out, the college has developed all the necessary facilities including workshops, labs, studios etc.
6. DY Patil School of Architecture: DY Patil School of Architecture belongs to DY Patil group. The group has been consistent in providing quality education to the students and as a result has been credited the status of Deemed University. The college has courses in both B.Arch. and M. Arch with a capacity of 120 and 20 students respectively.
7. MIT-ADT: The College is a part of a big group which was started in the year 1983. The institute has number of courses in designing and architecture. Being a part of a big group, it provides an opportunity to interact with students of different courses as well as faculty exchange programs. The college provides M. Arch course in multiple disciplines like Urban design, Interior design, Construction technology, Digital architecture, etc.