Hotel management has become one of the most sought-after courses among students. This is because, after globalization, hotel management industry has seen a large-scale development and tremendous growth. Also, with the increasing number of new hotels being set up in the country in both small and big cities, the demand for hotel management professionals is on the rise.
India is being one of the most popular travel destinations, there are a lot of projects that are being taken up by the government to boost the hospitality sector. All this and more, has created some of the most amazing career opportunities for hotel management professionals after the completion of the course.
Aspiring hotel management students can take up either short term course, diploma course or degree course in hotel management program. A short term course can take from 6 months to a year and students can take up this course after their class 10 board exams. A diploma course will cover a little more course details compared to short term course and a student must be at least 12th pass to be eligible for the course. While for a degree course a candidate must be 12th pass and may also require appearing for entrance test of different institutes.
There is a lot of reputed International Institutes of Hotel Management in India which offers high-quality education to its students. Some of these institutes have highly qualified and internationally trained faculty who impart their expert knowledge of the hospitality industry. Doing a course from one of these top International Institutes of Hotel Management will definitely give you an edge over others and will prepare you to face the increasing competition in the hotel industry.
Career opportunities after a degree or diploma in hotel management
There are a wide variety of career options in the hotel industry such as-
- Hotel Managers – One can work as a hotel manager where the responsibility will be to look at the overall operations of the hotel. A hotel manager is also responsible for some of the chief aspects like finance, catering, services, looking over the quality of the food, housekeeping and the like.
- Front Office Manager – As a front office manager, one will be responsible for such duties as managing the work of the front end desk, room assignments, coordinate reservations, information clerk, etc.
- Executive Chefs – Looks over the specialized kitchens and develops new recipes, plan menus, train food preparation workers, etc.
- Assistant Managers – Oversee the service in the dining room and other areas of the operation.
- Food and Beverage Manager – Takes control of the catering department and looks over the dining establishments.
- Restaurant and Food Service Managers – Responsible for taking stocks of daily expenditure and usage. Also, maintain records of the wages and shifts of the employees.
- Housekeeping department – Responsible for maintenance of the property. He also looks after the work of the housekeeping staffs by supervising and training them.
Jindal School of Hotel Management (JSHM) is considered as one of the top International Schools of Hotel Management located in Vadodara, Gujrat. Known as one of the best culinary colleges in India, JSHM offers excellent and world-class hotel and hospitality management education to the students. The college has a partnership with the prestigious Cesar Ritz Colleges, Switzerland which gives students the opportunity to obtain a Swiss Hotel Management Degree. Students get access to the best international curriculum along with professional teaching standard in a holistic environment. To read more about the JSHM, you can visit here: https://jshm.co.in/. You can also visit the website of the college to know about the degree or diploma programs that the college offers.